Thursday, December 21, 2017

Vintage photos

“... I have always thought of Christmas-time... as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.”
~Charles Dickens



me, age three
Dear all,
I'm wrapping presents and cooking so I don't have a post for today, but I'd like to send you over to Joyce's blog, where she is sharing my shivery Winter Poetry Swap poem. (I'm sorry, Australians, I keep thinking of it as the Winter swap, even though it's the Summer swap for you.)
Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!


one-year-old me at Christmas, in Granddaddy's hat...
boy, did I love that Pooh!


me, age two,
and the pure joy of all those colors


Buffy Silverman has the Poetry Friday round-up. Thanks, Buffy!

9 comments:

Irene Latham said...

Oh, you and Pooh! ADORABLE. xo

Linda B said...

I love your poem for Joyce and seeing "wee" you, Tabatha. Merry Christmas! It's always good to quote Dickens, isn't it?

Jane @ www.raincitylibrarian.ca said...

How sweet are those pictures!

And a lovely quote from Dickens, truly a man who understood Christmas.

Buffy Silverman said...

Those wee you photos are so cute--and I love the poem you shared with Joyce.

Ben said...

Ooo, so cute!

Joyce Ray said...

Those photos of you are real treasures, Tabatha. They will be even more precious in the future. Dickens! Of course, a quote from the man whose writing rekindled Christmas celebrations in Britain and in America. Your poem is keeping me warm as I write today while the snow is softly falling. No howling wind this time! Happy Christmas and thank you for sharing your many gifts with this community!

Michelle Kogan said...

Well you were a real cutie, Tabatha–and the 2 year-old expression is priceless. The creations from that crayon set must have been fabulous! I loved the poem you wrote for Joyce, especially the "rattling pages" and the ending, letters traced "one by one." And as Dickens put it, I hope for more charity from people too! Thanks for the summer and winter poetry swaps–they were delightful. Merry Christmas to you and your family Tabatha!

Heidi Mordhorst said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos--love seeing and thinking of all of us as the children I now teach, always the same joy and openness over and over again in different distinct bodies and faces. Headed over to Joyce now...

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Awwww... what a sweetie!