Monday, July 21, 2014

Cute & Weird

Okay, now here's the deal
I'll try to educate ya
Gonna familiarize
You with the nomenclature
~Weird Al


So, yesterday we got a puppy! She is sleeping on my foot at the moment.


This is the pic that convinced me to get her

My oldest wants her to cuddle with our bunny, but if that happened, the cuteness overload would probably disrupt the fabric of the universe. Fortunately for the universe, the bunny has been hiding out since the puppy arrived.

Puppies are like babies of other species, in terms of general neediness, which is why I have this feeling that my days of being able to accomplish things are over.

Maybe not, but in the meantime, the post on Handel's Water Music will have to wait. Have you seen this already? If so, forgive me and take another look at the puppy.



Team Oxford Comma

7 comments:

Irene Latham said...

Awww, SO CUTE! Enjoy your new baby. We, too, have a puppy right now. :)

HWY said...

Definitely a sweet puppy!

And count me as a Team Oxford Comma member, too.

As a former editor, I studied the use of the (also-called) serial comma. I came to the conclusion that, as a reader, I had never been confused when the comma was included, but sometimes I had to pause when it wasn't used. Thus, I always included it (and still do).

I also found out that newspaper people took it out in the first place because they needed as much room as possible for narrow newspaper columns. Not much of a reason in my opinion for its complete demise.

I sometimes eat beans and rice, corn and butter beans and ham and eggs. ;-)

Keri said...

She's adorable. What is her name?

jama said...

So adorable! Jama is a good name for a puppy. :D

Tabatha said...

We haven't had the official vote on her name yet, but "Lucy" seems to be the favorite. I promised my son, who was angling for "Schweinsteiger" (after a German soccer player) that it could be her middle name; "Jama" goes with "Lucy" a little better. Lucy Jama Schweinsteiger?

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Oh, what a sweetie! Congratulations on your newest member of the family! Hope Foo Foo comes out from under the bed soon. ;)

M Pax said...

I did see the video. Very creative of Weird Al. Awww, what a sweet puppy. Enjoy!