Monday, May 26, 2014

FM Covers

“I said,'Instead of going in the direction that a lot of the women singers are going in [wearing revealing clothes], I'll be very, very sexy under 18 pounds of chiffon and lace and velvet...I will have mystique.”
~Stevie Nicks


This post is probably going to make you want to go listen to the originals, and that's cool. The first Dreams is by a band from Denmark, btw.











I looked around for a cover of this, but finally I had to accept that only the original singers will do:


2 comments:

Pop said...

Very good covers of some great songs.

I thought that the kids doing "Landslide" was special; they really got into it.

I liked the Gabrielle Aplin and Bastille cover of "Dreams" better than the other one. The Turboweekend version was smooth...maybe too smooth.

"Don't Stop" was fascinating. FM did their usual rockin' version, but having the band (USC marching band?) REALLY gave it even more energy.

Thanks, Tab!

Irene Latham said...

Really like the Bastille version! But then I've been listening to Bastille a lot lately. Thank you, Tabatha! xo