Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Night Circus

The ship is made of books, its sails thousands of overlapping pages, and the sea it floats upon is dark black ink.
~ Erin Morgenstern, The Night Circus



The Night Circus is Erin Morgenstern's first novel, and boy, has it gotten a lot of buzz! In a way, I would rather not hear advance reviews before I read a book -- sometimes the build-up can be too much.

I am not going to discuss reading The Night Circus here. I'm going to talk about it as a treat for visual artists and people who love to cook. It invites re-creation. The color scheme is dramatic black and white with touches of red, as you can see from the covers I'm sharing here.

Here is one book club's Night Circus meeting.

You can see photos from a bookstore's Night Circus event here.

A Night Circus tea set

A couple of recipes: chocolate popcorn and chocolate mice

Two reveurs waiting for the Night Circus

Here's Erin Morgenstern's Night Circus song playlist.

I would particularly like to see someone paint or sculpt the clocks!


No comments: