photo by davidd
by Richard Brautigan
Sometimes life is merely a matter of coffee and whatever intimacy a cup of coffee affords. I once read something about coffee. The thing said that coffee is good for you; it stimulates all the organs.
I thought at first this was a strange way to put it, and not altogether pleasant, but as time goes by I have found out that it makes sense in its own limited way. I’ll tell you what I mean.
Yesterday morning I went over to see a girl. I like her. Whatever we had going for us is gone now. She does not care for me. I blew it and wish I hadn’t.
read the rest here
photo by Stephanie Watson
* Balzac's Margaret Atwood blend coffee helps raise funds and awareness for Canada’s Pelee Island Bird Observatory (Margaret Atwood's poems wow me. Like this one and this one.)
* The Drowsy Poet Coffee Company
* Espresso Neruda
* Walt Whitman: Cranberry Coffee Cake to go with your coffee
* The Shakespearean Insult Mug, in case you need something to keep your coffee in
* Coffee poems by Emmett Lee Dickinson, Emily Dickinson's third cousin, twice removed -- at her request
Carol has the Poetry Friday round-up today at Carol's Corner