Monday, September 12, 2011

Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy!

I know that ghosts HAVE wandered on earth. Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! Only DO not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!
~ Heathcliff, Wuthering Heights


Do you prefer the Kate Bush version of Wuthering Heights or the Pat Benatar version? I like both. But I much prefer to listen to Kate Bush sing it than watch her (Sorry, Kate -- it's too distracting!), so I'm not including a KB video of it.


Did you know that It's All Coming Back To Me Now was inspired by Wuthering Heights also? It was written by Jim Steinman, who wanted to write something dark. The Celine Dion video tries to capture the gothic mansion atmosphere a bit... but I admit, the ghost motorcycle made me chuckle.


Not Wuthering Heights-inspired, but still:

I like to go out dancing
My baby loves a bunch of authors
We've been livin' in hovels
Spendin' all our money on brand new novels
~ My Baby Loves A Bunch Of Authors, Moxy Fruvous


Links:

Wuthering Heights at LibriVox
The PBS production of Wuthering Heights

No comments: