Monday, November 10, 2014

Soothing

There are different ways to take over the World. But there is only one way to take over the Universe and that’s through meditation.
~Aishwarya Shiva Pareek


Religion Facts says, "Singing bowls are used throughout the Himalayas in monasteries and homes to aid meditation. The sound of a singing bowl can be used to mark the beginning or end of a meditation period, or during meditation to focus the mind."

You can read more about them here or just take a listen (I think maybe this video is so long so people can sleep with it on):



Tibetan singing bowls give up their chaotic secrets by Jason Palmer (BBC News)

4 comments:

Linda B said...

Oh my, Tabatha, this is so pretty. I've just kept it going while I move around. Maybe I'll keep it for the evening, not a wake-up kind of sound. One of our teachers uses a bowl/ringing sound to call her students to group.

Irene Latham said...

Love the singing bowls! I also love the quote about meditation. :)

Joyce Ray said...

We have a singing bowl from Nepal. It was good to see this because it's hard for us to make it sing using the suede end of the mallet. Now I want to try it with water!

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Lovely. I'm going to be using this recording often. Thanks!