Monday, August 8, 2011

Let Me Show You How It's Done

When the devil finished, Johnny said, "Well, you're pretty good, ol' son.
But sit down in that chair right there, and let me show you how its done."
~ Charlie Daniels, The Devil Went Down to Georgia


Take a listen:

My Little Girl in Tennessee from Chris Thile & Michael Daves on Vimeo.

This wonderful ensemble includes actor/author Steve Martin, who is a fine banjo player.


The fierce instrumentals in those two videos made me think of this song:


Steve Martin also played the banjo on the Muppet Show...

2 comments:

M Pax said...

Steve played a lot in his shows, too. He's also written novels.

I miss the muppet show.

HWY said...

Thoroughly enjoyed the Earl Scruggs and Friends piece. He's *still* the best in my opinion. (Though Steve Martin is very good in his own right.)

Also enjoyed the Muppets song; I miss them, too.