Thursday, November 12, 2009

All Heaven and Earth

When you sell a man a book you don't sell just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life. Love and friendship and humour and ships at sea by night - there's all heaven and earth in a book, a real book.
~Christopher Morley

Book covers this week. I don't know who some of the artists are, so please feel free to email me if you know.

The Day I Swapped My Dad for 2 Goldfish
by Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Dave McKean

Both of these elegant covers are by Chad Gowey.


Red Sings From Treetops
by Joyce Sidman, illustrated by Pamela Zagarenski

Now I'd like to show you multiple covers for the same book. Here are two for One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez:


And, Mark Twain's Huck Finn:




Do you have a favorite Huck?
A few links:

~ Michael Cho explains the process of crafting the cover for The Amazing Absorbing Boy.
~ Terrible Yellow Eyes, a collection of art inspired by Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.
~ Read Write Think's Book Cover Creator

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me who draw the Gabriel García Márquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude" book cover ?

Tabatha said...

I'm sorry, I don't know! Wish I did.