Thursday, August 17, 2017

Poetry on Paper

Poetry surrounds us everywhere, but putting it on paper is, alas, not so easy as looking at it.
~Vincent Van Gogh


Posting work by Vincent Van Gogh today. Basically, I wanted to spend time with "Undergrowth with Two Figures" and then I started adding on.

Undergrowth with Two Figures
by Vincent van Gogh (1853–1890)

Green Wheat Field with Cypress
by Vincent van Gogh

The White Cottage Among the Olive Trees
by Vincent van Gogh

Sunflowers
by Vincent van Gogh

The Garden of Saint-Paul Hospital
by Vincent van Gogh

Almond blossom
by Vincent van Gogh

The Red Vineyard
by Vincent van Gogh

(I've featured Van Gogh before.)

3 comments:

Pop said...

It is amazing just how prolific Van Gogh was...really wondrous stuff.

Glad you included Sunflowers, which is one of my favorites.

Karen Eastlund said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing these paintings. I am today particularly drawn to the white cottage among the olive trees. And I'm thinking about how such good work can come from people who are deeply afflicted.

Retta said...

I adore Vincent Van Gogh, and thought I had seen everything he ever did. But lo! You came up with one I have never seen, Undergrowth with Two Figures. Love love it. Thank you.