Monday, July 11, 2016

Sort of the opposite of fast news

Most neuroses and some psychoses can be traced to the unnecessary and unhealthy habit of daily wallowing in the troubles and sins of five billion strangers.
~Robert A. Heinlein


I'm excited to have started a news fast for an undetermined amount of time. I will still get those little weather bulletins about thunderstorms and floods, but I'm pulling the plug on my habit of frequently reading the news. Our family has had a very taxing summer so far and I need a break.

If anything good happens, like Congress decides to do their job and allow a vote on a Supreme Court justice, feel free to let me know!

In the meantime, here's a victory song:



The Eagles

2 comments:

Margaret Simon said...

I think this is a great idea. I am so sorry for your loss and the emotions of grief you must be feeling. I was in Africa for 2 weeks and heard no news. How upsetting to come home to more tragedies of gun violence. Enough!

Pop said...

That Heinlein quote was absolutely true, and I will add it to my quotations collection. :-)