Friday, April 15, 2016

This above all: to thine own self be true

I think people out there in the world need to see that people are capable of doing Shakespeare, even with a learning disability like we’ve got.
~actor Laurie Morris


Today's post is part of Savvy Verse & Wit's celebration of National Poetry Month. I appreciate Serena's ongoing support of and engagement with poetry.


We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
~Ophelia


My older daughter gets the credit for letting me know about Blue Apple Theatre:



Before you go, here's a poem (that made me tear up) by Taylor Mali:



Today's Little Ditty has the Poetry Friday round-up. Thanks, Michelle!

11 comments:

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Thank you for opening our eyes to so many things, Tabatha. Taylor Mali's poem made me tear up as well... and then I clicked on replay to hear it again.

Linda B said...

Oh, both things shared are wonderful, Tabatha. My niece with CP has been so included in several stage productions through the years, has been a huge part of her life when in other parts she has not been so welcome. The Mali poem, wow! I watched it twice. He is compelling! Thank you!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

This is wonderful... thank you for sharing these wonderful videos

jama said...

Just wow. Both videos so moving. Thanks for sharing!

Matt Forrest Esenwine said...

Both videos are quite touching...thanks for sharing these, Tabatha!

Karen Edmisten said...

So much beauty in one post, Tabatha. Thank you.

Karen Edmisten said...

Did I mention I teared up, too? :)

Robyn Hood Black said...

Echoing Wows. Thank you, Tabatha, for both of these. And how about that I just came here from Jama's, featuring Will's Words? :0) Then how wonderful to hear some of those words from these actors, and Taylor Mali (and "students") searching for a word....

Anonymous said...

"Unless you are given a fair chance, then they will now know what you, you the individual, can do." So very true. Thank-you, Tabatha.

Anonymous said...

Sigh... *not*

"Unless you are given a fair chance, then they will not know what you, you the individual, can do."

Mary Lee said...

What an emotion-packed pair of videos. Both inspirational, too. I loved that peek into Taylor Mali's classroom conversation, and that ending...it might not have been as powerful without his voice and face.