Monday, February 1, 2016

Don't Blame it on the Sunshine

You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.
~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes


Is it a bad idea to kick off the workweek with a little procrastination and some excuses?

We have another in our series of blame distribution posts. Before, we've wondered whether to blame "me" or "not me." Now, we know the fault is with "The Boogie." This is also a poem-song match.

I matched "Thirteen Ways of Looking at Procrastination" by Buffy Silverman (with thanks to Wallace Stevens) with multiple songs:




We'll end with a song by punk band Fugazi that encourages you to get up! :-) ("I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait/My time is water down a drain/...Ahhh... Come on and get up!")


A link for Todd Rundgren.

4 comments:

Robyn Hood Black said...

Ha! So perfect for a Monday morning. (& Thanks for the parenthetical "subtitles" for that last one... ;0) )

Buffy Silverman said...

Yes, my time is still water down the drain--but thanks to you, Tabatha, I can now blame it on the boogie (or maybe my yoga class this morning?) Thanks for matching my poem with these wonders!

Pop said...

Such energetic songs...makes procrastination absolutely danceable. :-)

And a bit of trivia dealing with Bang the Drum All Day by Todd Rundgren. Besides being one of my very favorites, this recording has a nice twist. Not only does Todd do the vocals, he also plays ALL of the instruments!

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

Now that I've FINALLY finished tomorrow's spotlight post, I'm here to celebrate. :) Much better to blame on the boogie than, say, on Grandmother, or the cat. Thank you for linking to Buffy's poem. SO worth another read!!