Thursday, January 21, 2016

In Your Pocket

Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.
~Henry David Thoreau


Pocket watches today. I don't wear any kind of watch, but pocket watches are a temptation.

Wooden pocket watch, Russia stamp 2010

Zenith Keyless Dress Watch ca. 1920
by kitchener.lord

Pocket watch
by Karen

Pocket Watches
by Curious Expeditions

Make The Seconds Count
by Daniel Lee

Pocket Watches
by Mabel Lu

Pocket Watch
by Artiom Gorgan

Napoleon
by Ellie

The new 'Marie-Antoinette' perpétuelle watch features a minute repeater that on command strikes hours, quarters and minutes as well as a full perpetual calendar showing the date, the day and the month at two, six
by Shawn

4 comments:

HWY said...


I love pocket watches, too! And these are wonderful examples of upscale models.

These are all beautiful, but I must admit that the Russian wooden watch really caught my fancy. :-)

jama said...

tick tock tick tock

love these timepieces. i think the second dress watch is my favorite.

i also like the pocket watches train conductors carry: All Aboard!

Donna Smith said...

Don't suppose you know of the "pendant watches" we used to wear in the 60's? I had a pink one! They looked a lot like pocket watches.

Tabatha said...

I did not know about '60s pendant watches, but I like the sound of them!

Jama, did Tom Hanks' character have a pocket watch in Polar Express? I haven't seen that movie for a long time, but I can picture it.

Yes, I like the look of that wooden watch, too!