Thursday, November 19, 2015

Ikebana

Everything
just as it is,
as it is,
as is.
Flowers in bloom.
Nothing to add.
-Robert Aitken


I once read a novel that centered on ikebana (Japanese floral arrangements) but I hadn't looked at many until I put this post together. They grew on me and the more I saw, the more I liked them. Which is one reason I am including quite a few, since, if you're like me, maybe it will take a little while for your appreciation to grow.



Der Herbstwald
Johanna und Heinz Günter Saemann

Ikebana
by David Sobral

Ikebana, Gorcum
Frans de Wit

Ikebana 1
by Holly

Plum Blossoms, Ikebana
by Christopher Paquette

Schlechte Herrscher
Johanna und Heinz Günter Saemann

Ikebana_057
by Leonid Ll

Für Edda-Sophie
Johanna und Heinz Günter Saemann

Ikebana - Yoshiko Nakamura 01B
by Joe Mabel

Exposición Ikebana
by Carlos Donderis

Saga Goryu moribana useitai
by Gryffindor


2 comments:

HWY said...

These are magnificent works of art. And watching the documentary really does help one appreciate ikebana.

Today's blog has inspired me to give it a try myself...through the computer. We'll see what happens. :-)

Ben Yeatts-Lonske said...

This is cool stuff!