Monday, October 19, 2015

A little box with a tune in it

So I went ahead and made me a guitar. I got me a cigar box, I cut me a round hole in the middle of it, take me a little piece of plank, nailed it onto that cigar box, and I got me some screen wire and I made me a bridge back there and raised it up high enough that it would sound inside that little box, and got me a tune out of it. I kept my tune and I played from then on.
~Lightnin' Hopkins


Guitars today (amateur and professional). The Dwight Yoakam song is an old favorite of mine. If you were going to name three things that kept you hangin' on, what would they be? I expect chocolate would be somewhere on my list...






1 comment:

HWY said...

Great guitar playing all around. Particularly like the first video, wow!

Chet would be proud of the grandma's picking, too. :-)

Chocolate would definitely be on my list as well. And, BTW, I noticed that Dwight was on the same bill as the Violent Femmes on the marque in the beginning of the video. Certainly couldn't be different!