Thursday, April 23, 2015

Have a Seat

Old empty chairs are not empty in reality; memories always sit there!
~Mehmet Murat ildan


Not sure I could sit in the Big-Eared Chair, but I think I could enjoy John Gay's Chair (as long as I didn't set fire to anything!).

Stone Chair
photo by Tim Green

Wheelchair with writing desk and umbrella, 1886
George F. Sargent's Illustrated catalogue

Big-Eared Chair
photo by Nathan Gibbs

Poets' Chair
The inscription on the front of the chair is a poem by Seamus Heaney which includes the line, "When you sat ... in the basalt throne"...On the back of the chair is a list of artists and poets who have visited Rathlin, with room for many more.
photo by Anne Burgess

A Unique Chair
photo by Bisayan lady

(John) Gay's Chair
Under the arms of the Chair are drawers, with the necessary implements for writing; each drawer turns on a pivot, and has attached to it a brass candlestick."
Devonshire characters and strange events by Sabine Baring-Gould, 1908

Lunch Guest
photo by Riccardo Romano

Art Chairs on Pinterest
Creative Chair Design

5 comments:

jama said...

These are such fun. I wonder if the big-eared chair would listen to me?

Ben said...

Stone chair looks pretty comfy!

Pop said...

I like John Jay's chair, too...with the wheelchair for outside writing. :-)

Now if the Big-Eared Chair had stereo speakers in each ear....

Retta said...

Totally made me smile this morning!

Liz Steinglass said...

These are great! I bet you could find many, many more. I confess I want to try the stone chair. It looks oddly comfortable.