Monday, December 1, 2014

Let Me Set Your Mind At Ease

If there was a better way to go then it would find me
I can't help it, the road just rolls out behind me
Be kind to me, or treat me mean
I'll make the most of it; I'm an extraordinary machine
~Fiona Apple


Going down rabbit trails today. There was a particular song by Nickel Creek that I wanted to share, but I had trouble finding it. While I was looking, I spotted a version of Fiona Apple performing Extraordinary Machine with Nickel Creek. The recording wasn't so good, unfortunately, so I am sharing this instead. I also saw a song by Nickel Creek with the Chieftains and ended up listening to an old favorite, very cheerful for a Monday morning. Sorry, Nickel Creek -- next week!





2 comments:

Irene Latham said...

Love that shindig on a Monday morning especially! Looking forward to Nickel Back next week. xo

Pop said...

Both of these are great. Have been a Fiona fan ever since I heard "Criminal." And her album Extraordinary Machine is a really good one.

Love the Chieftains/Corrs video, and I was very impressed with the Corrs' playing. Am getting more and more into lively Celtic music and this really fit the bill.

Thanks, Tabatha!