Thursday, June 26, 2014

Van Gogh

It is looking at things for a long time that ripens you and gives you a deeper meaning.
~Vincent van Gogh



Self-Portrait in Front of the Easel
by Vincent van Gogh

I love Vincent van Gogh's sunflowers and starry nights, but for today I picked some of his works that might be less familiar to you:

Field with Poppies (1889)
by Vincent van Gogh

The State Lottery
by Vincent van Gogh

Flowering Orchards
by Vincent van Gogh

Peasant, fire
by Vincent van Gogh

The Harvest
by Vincent van Gogh

An Old Man Putting Dry Rice on the Hearth, 1881
by Vincent van Gogh

Weber in front of open windows overlooking the Tower of Nuenen
by Vincent van Gogh

Head of a young peasant with hat
by Vincent van Gogh

Walk in the Moonlight
by Vincent van Gogh

Skull with Burning Cigarette
by Vincent van Gogh

Lunch break (after Millet)
by Vincent van Gogh

Cafe Terrace at Night, 1888
by Vincent van Gogh


6 comments:

HWY said...


It is so nice to see some of Vincent's lesser-known works. Thanks!

Ones I would like to see on my walls:
Cafe Terrace at Night, 1888
Flowering Orchards
Field with Poppies (1889)

(Actually any of them would do.
:-)

Tabatha said...

Elena had Cafe Terrace at Night next to her bed, so I have spent a lot of time looking at that one when I was tucking her in. Good pick!

Retta said...

Van Gogh is one of my all time favorites. Talk about "unfamiliar"... I've never seen Skull with Burning Cigarette! and I'd thought I'd seen them all. That's not a spoof??! :-D

I love the delicacy of Flowering Orchard. I'd truly love to have a print of that on my wall to see everyday.

I enjoyed this very much, thank you!

Liz Steinglass said...

I could look at all of these for a long time.

Robyn Hood Black said...

What a treat. I've always loved the café one as well. Years ago, there was a Van Gogh exhibit at the High in Atlanta - I was nothing less than mesmerized by the drawings/works on paper. I will always remember how potent and delicate and amazing they were. (And that my family had to drag me out of the museum...) ;0)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this mini gallery!