Monday, June 16, 2014

Song My Dog Wrote

One of the books I'm currently reading is Run, Don't Walk: The Curious and Chaotic Life of a Physical Therapist Inside Walter Reed Army Medical Center by Adele Levine, who worked in the amputee division. I recommend it if you like nonfiction. (Note: It's not for kids.)

Yesterday I happened to be within ten miles of Walter Reed and I noticed two young men who were amputees asking for money at intersections. One of them was so young that from behind he looked just like a kid.

Brendan Biondi is trying to help veterans with a song inspired by his volunteer work training a Hero Dog, a service dog that is paired with a disabled vet. 50% of the proceeds from sales of "Song My Dog Wrote" go to Hero Dogs.


Buy it on iTunes

1 comment:

Donna Smith said...

I love this song! The dog is a real sweetheart. What eyes!