Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Shop Small


I spend a lot of time looking into where/how things I buy are produced, trying in my own small way to make thoughtful purchases when possible. I like the Shop Small movement and Small Business Saturday, which is Nov. 30th this year. Just thought I would mention it, as I expect it will be overshadowed by Black Friday, which seems to be drifting into Thursday.

Links:
* One place to find handmade items is Etsy. Another is ArtFire.
* Ten Thousand Villages and The Hunger Site Store also sell handmade goods.
*VinylHunt can help you find independent record stores near you. Amoeba is a large independent online record store.
* The Indie Bound site will help you locate independent bookstores near you.
* Mountain Rose Herbs is a well-loved online place to buy herbs, spices, and essential oils.

1 comment:

Linda B said...

We have a wonderful Ten Thousand Villages store in our area, and another 'local' gift shop near them. Favorite stores! Nice of you to share the links and the date. I received a flyer just the other day! And, BTW, Santa has already arrived at one place here--my daughter saw the sign! Ugh!