Friday, July 19, 2013

Poetic Tumbling

Poetry-related Tumblr today. First, a bit from Excerpts from Batman’s Failed Poetry Blog:

Superman Sucks

Superman? Pff.
Whatever.
With your big dumb muscles
And your big dumb sexy hair curl
And your gleaming city of gold...

read the rest here (scroll down)

*********

That's Not Shakespeare, a Tumblr that sets the record straight.
Godzilla Haiku, because even giant monsters like haiku.
A Tongue With But Six Words (six-word poems)
What is Poetry to You?

Check It Out has the Poetry Friday round-up.

6 comments:

Author Amok said...

Hahahaha! These poems are hysterical. Batman sounds like a whiny 20-something. I especially loved his poem to Catwoman. Thanks for making me laugh, Tabatha.

Liz Steinglass said...

These are fabulous! I'm so annoyed I didn't know about them. Thank you for sharing.

Irene Latham said...

Love this one from your last link: Poetry is like taking my dog out it's hard but I love doing it
:)
And I love the seeing pop culture inspire poetry. Fun!

Linda B said...

Great stuff, Tabatha. Thanks for all the links. I especially liked the poet warriors site-good to share at school!

GatheringBooks said...

Awww... but I love Superman! It's all about the chiseled face and physique and the existential crisis from Lois and Clark to Smallville to the latest one. :) Thanks for sharing all those links too. I enjoyed the list of superhero poetry. :)

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

How great are these?!! Just what I needed at the end of a too-serious day. Thanks :)