Thursday, June 6, 2013

It Was All Yellow

Fame stole my yellow. Yellow is the color you get when you're real and brutally honest. Yellow is with my kids...The bundle of bright yellow warming my core, formerly frozen and uninhabitable...They got yellow from me, and I felt yellow giving it to them and it was all good...So, why am I leaving my show? It took my yellow. I wanted it back. Without it I can't live. The gray kills me.
~Rosie O'Donnell


Themes for Art Thursday can be anything. For instance, mustaches, Frankenstein, opera, the Great Fire of London, monkeys, The Tempest. Sometimes, the theme is a color. Today, we have gult (Icelandic), gelb (German), դեղին գույն (Armenian), 黄色 (Japanese), melyn (Welsh), yellow:

Montreux 1983
by Keith Haring

Kitchen in the Mount House, Stony Brook
by William Sidney Mount

The Golden Fish
by Paul Klee

Profile of a Young Woman
by Aristide Maillol

Rain, Steam and Speed - The Great Western Railway
by J. M. W. Turner

Ancient of Days
by William Blake

Conqueror
by Paul Klee

Couple Walking
by Pablo Picasso

Beach at Boulogne
by Edouard Manet

Untitled
by Ivan Milev

More color posts: Purple and Orange
The title is from Yellow by Coldplay.

8 comments:

Ben said...

I love those Haring pictures!

Retta said...

I really enjoyed this, since the painting I am just starting is featuring...yellow!

My fav was the powerful one by William Blake. And I find it fascinating that all but one of these contained black (or a dark equivalent) in it somewhere, as a wonderful contrast to increase the yellow pop. Thanks for another interesting post. :-)

Author Amok said...

It's one of my favorite Coldplay songs, Tabatha. Loved this gallery of paintings. See you tomorrow for Poetry Friday.

Tabatha said...

Good point, Loretta! See you tomorrow, Laura.

Robyn Hood Black said...

Tabatha, you always fill our worlds with color! Thank you for the yellow overload today - wonderful collection. (And, see you tomorrow!)

Liz Steinglass said...

Gorgeous.

laurasalas said...

Thank you for all the yellow, Tabatha!

HWY said...

Great selections, Tab. Loved the Blake and the Milev, especially.

Interesting thing...when I first saw the Golden Fish by Klee, it looked like a golden eye looking through a dark mask. Klee loved to mess around, so I wonder if he intended that!

P.S. We're currently feeding a yellow neighborhood that we've named Melyn. :-)