Monday, February 11, 2013

Mad About Books

“I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing.”
~ Herman Melville, Moby-Dick


For Music Monday, a book-loving video that is close to home. This was made by some students at my older daughter's school and features one of her favorite teachers. It's a parody of Captain Jack Sparrow, where Michael Bolton incongruously sings about Pirates of the Caribbean during a song about a nightclub. In this case, though, Mr. Hitchens (Captain Ahab) extolls the virtues of literature in the middle of a calculus study session. In addition to Moby Dick, he sings about Of Mice and Men and Lord of the Flies. There's even a mention of Shakespeare:



From another local school: math videos with 2 Pi, the rapping teacher.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

This is PRICELESS! I had so much fun watching I ran it twice, Tabatha. Aren't high school kids just the best! So much enthusiasm and energy-makes me happy to see. I just saw a former student a couple of weeks ago in their school musical, loved it. There are some talented kids at your daughter's school! Thanks!

Author Amok said...

Press my TI83 until my fingers are numb -- too funny!