Thursday, November 22, 2012

Brown

I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.
~Winston Churchill


I imagine that Sir Churchill was speaking as an artist in the above quote. I have to say, I don't feel sorry for the browns. They have taken over Art Thursday today with their rich, earthy, delicate ways:

Brown Clustered Ear Cup
by Jason Hollinger

Cosmic Sailor
by Scott Nelles

Robin Hood's Bay
by Thomas Tolkien

Brown Pelicans with Black Necks
by Sequoia Hughes

Somayeh / Mr. Taleghani's House
by Hamed Saber

Lonesome Marsh
by Ramona Gregory

Duenos de la Olla
by Nora Pineda

Time
by Skip Nall

Fiesta
by Christine Brallier

More colors:
Ode to Orange
Purple

1 comment:

Harry said...

I like brown...it is the color of the earth and from it comes all the other colors that we love.

Yeah, brown!