Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Moby-Dick and Three Robbers

First, all I can say is-- this is an incredible accomplishment:


Next, I've got a little personal tangent. One of the illustrations from Moby-Dick in Pictures reminded me of a favorite book from my childhood: Tomi Ungerer's The Three Robbers. So I looked it up out of nostalgia, and here are a couple of shots from that:




Does anyone else remember it fondly? When I was little, I thought the word "blunderbuss" was the funniest thing ever.



2 comments:

Pop said...

I remember it fondly. And at the time I could practically recite it word for word because I read it so many times. :-)

Anonymous said...

There was an animated version that TV Ontario did (I think). It scared the pants off us! I am still searching for a copy to this day!!! Memories... :)