Thursday, March 6, 2008

More Illustrations

“Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you.”
~Marsha Norman

Some Late Visitor at my Door (from The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe)
By Gustave Dore

And the silken, sad, uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me- filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating,
"'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door-
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;-
This it is, and nothing more."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could pretty much fill a whole page with just Arthur Rackham's illustrations. They are beautiful and haunting, fascinating and mysterious. There was one from Romeo and Juliet that I wanted to post, but couldn't find. I'm not even sure what story this is illustrating, but it seems as if you could make one up just looking at it.

No comments: